Friday, June 7, 2013

I'm Becoming My Father

He always had a guitar next to his chair, ready for when his country shows came on he could play along. I haven't done that much over the years. But last night Merle Haggard was on the AXS channel on satellite. I'm sitting there enjoying this thoroughly when I looked up and thought "Where's my guitar!". So I find myself playing and singing "Natural High" with Merle. That really felt good. Like visiting an old friend. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeU89VCq8c4


You can't run away from who you are, only what you've been. There are some traits of my father I never plan to visit. But it's funny as time passes you tend to remember the good stuff. Some scars remain but we always had music and that's what I miss the most from him. When I was a kid I always hated accompanying him while he played his steel guitar. I'd really like to do that right now.

1 comment:

  1. Steve! Hey buddy, remember "Fast" Eddie? How are you, hope you and family doing well. I'd really like to reconnect with you, maybe just chat, talk music? You up for that? I'm on several pages at Reverbnation (search fast edward) or you can also email at drivingsouth@earthlink.net take care, hope to hear from you! Ed

    ReplyDelete